You can select the right instrument for your vehicle based on the following:
– Trabant 1.1 or Wartburg 1.3 with 4 cylinder / 4 stroke engine: 38020463001
– Wartburg 353 or Barkas B1000 with 3 cylinder / 2 stroke engine:
– If you can see the ‘KMGY’ logo and/or ‘38004736001’ number on the hexagon of temperature sensor: 38020463003
– If you can not see the mentioned markings on the temperature sensor, measure the resistance between the connector and the hexagon of the temperature sensor at working condition (min. 80°C):
– the resistance is under 100 ohms: 38020463002
– the resistance is over 100 ohms: 38020463004
Be careful! Stop the engine before testing! The surfaces are hot!
You can find the temperature sensor next to the middle spark plug.
The websites may use so-called cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. The aim of cookies is to make our content more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. Cookies are small text files that are saved by your browser onto your computer. Most of the cookies are automatically deleted after the end of your visit. Some cookies may be saved on your end device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser the next time you visit.